Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Father Hood In short Dad's

Isn't it strange that when some men hear that they are going to be fathers, they suddenly, become all strange?

Well that's probably what happened to mine, he became all strange, and maby it's a good that i'm getting this all off my chest after all these years.

I'm 23 years of age and somtines i still can't get over the fact that my father abandond us when we were still todlers. Luckly i didn't marry a man like my father, i married a man like my father in law. Loyal!!!!

Groing up he never phoned on a birthday, on christmas, or just to say Howzit, nothing, and while i always use to tell myself that i don't care about it anymore, silently it troubled me a lot.
On my wedding day he didn't even bother to be their, if i didn't introduce my husband to him 3 years later(accidently i mite add) he still probably wouldn't care.

And the worst part of it all is that now that he has a grandchild ( my sisters baby), he now suddenly wants to be like a grandfather, when he coudn't even be a father. I can't condem him for doing this to us, but i still don't have to be happy about the whole thing. Although i have forgiven him partly for his lack of interrest, one still can't make up for all the lost years
Each child needs to be loved by a father, and for a father not willing to give that love, he should loose his privlliges as a father.

Luckly for me i had a lot of people willing to give me the love i needed, but if my father did play an active roll in my life i probably woudn't have made half the mistakes i did.

So to all you Fathers out there, don't neglet your children, give them all the love that you possibly can. Because you can never turn back the clock and try and make up for it.

1 Comments:

At November 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It,s sad to here this but it is true Just remember that there is still people out there that love you ever if you dad did not life up to his part He will come to his
sense when he is old and grey and alone but you can not turn back the
clock of time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home