Thursday, November 30, 2006

Debt Good or Bad!


Money!!!!
Debt!!!!
You can't live with it, and you can't keep on living without it.
This scenario sound very "O so Middle class" but it's true.. Who do you know that doesn't have some sort of debt account, credit cards, etc.
Well here is my little story:
On the 27/11/2006 I've decided I want to Buy My self a new Cellphone. Well actually to apply for a contract. The Samsung D900 on a Vodacom Weekender everyday...
I applied twice at two different institutions and guess what? DECLINED !!!! Why? Well because I don't have any credit on my name, Zilch, Nil, Nothing! Can You believe It. So I phone them and ask them why is it being declined, because i don't have any credit on my name, Isn't is supposed to be a good thing. No Credit No Debt, No Worry's... Well apparently they need to see your track record with Debt, what accounts you do have and how well you pay them.
Well let me tell you something, and I told it to their consultant to: "It's unfair to people like me!"
People who have never needed to make credit to buy anything, who always paid Cash for everything, now because I'm such a good citizen, I am suddenly not credit worthy, because i never had an account on my name.
Meaning in order for me to buy that cellphone on a Credit/Contract basis, I need to go and open a Edgar's, Jet etc account, just to have credit, and then instead of just having one place to pay, I will have 3 to 4 Accounts....This is the way they cause people to make more Debt, than what they can afford in the first place.
So now i agree...Big company's who have millions of Rands in turn over control the markets, they control the credit given to people, and they control the outcome...."So you don't have credit, lets open up an account for you, so that you can live one day after another, worrying about where, you are going to find the money to pay it all"
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Then i rather save my money that i do get, and buy something CASH!!
at least that way I Know i will have enough money to live one day at a time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home